Drunk driving in Michigan is referred to as operating while intoxicated (OWI). State and federal laws regarding drunk driving are constantly changing. If you face OWI charges in Michigan, it is imperative to work with a lawyer who focuses on OWI defense and remains current with OWI laws.
The Constitutional Law Center, founded by Joel S. Whetstone has successfully represented more clients in Western Michigan than any other law firm in cases involving driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Attorney Joel S. Whetstone has represented more than 3,000 individuals over the past 30 years.
A Drunk Driving Charge Can Change Your Life
A conviction could cost you your job and family. You can't work if you are in jail. You can't work if you can't drive to and from or during your job schedule. We represent clients in the full spectrum of drunk driving and impaired driving cases, including:
- Operating while intoxicated (OWI)
- Operating while visibly impaired (OWVI)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Operating under the influence of liquor (OUIL)
- Operating under the influence of drugs (OUID)
- Unlawful blood alcohol level (UBAL)
- Super Drunk (operating with a blood alcohol content of .17 or above — high BAC)
- Reckless driving
- Careless driving
- Zero tolerance (under age 21 alcohol offense)
- Implied consent
- Driving while license suspended (DWLS)
- Driver's license restorations
What We Do
Our legal strategy always includes checking all police procedures (the stop, the arrest, testing, etc.) to see if law enforcement officials acted properly. We refer certain clients to alcohol/drug counseling and testing to allow us added leverage when negotiating with prosecutors and judges.
When attempting to deal with any problem encountered in life it is important whom you know. During our 30 years of defending drunk driving cases, we have made it a priority to know all Western Michigan judges, prosecutors, city attorneys and court staff. Personal communication gets the best results. Our knowledge of policies, philosophies and tendencies gives our clients an advantage.